This mango avocado salsa recipe is a blend of both salsa and guacamole with the addition of fresh diced mango. It is perfect for eating with fish or beef tacos, or even just with corn chips as an appetizer.
Below I provide detailed instructions on making this mango salsa recipe with avocado, options for ingredient substitutions, as well as directions on making it low carb/keto, AIP, candida diet friendly and lower oxalate.
Equipment you will need for this recipe
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- Large knife
Recipe substitutions or variations
Fresh avocado substitutions: If you can’t find ripe and ready avocados, you can also buy frozen avocado chunks and thaw them on the counter ahead of time.
Fresh mango substitutions: If you can’t find a ripe mango, you can also buy frozen mango chunks and thaw them on the counter ahead of time.Fresh avocado substitutions: If you can’t find ripe and ready avocados, you can also buy frozen avocado chunks and thaw them on the counter ahead of time.
Red onion substitutions: Instead of using red onion, you can swap it out for white onion, shallots, green onions or chives.
Fresh garlic substitutions: Instead of using fresh garlic cloves, you can swap it out for ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
Fresh cilantro substitutions: instead of fresh cilantro, you can also swap it out for 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro.
Lemon substitutions: instead of using a fresh lemon, you can also use a lime. Or you can buy bottled lemon or lime juice – look for the most natural and least processed one you can find.
Make this recipe lower oxalate: Omit or reduce the amount of tomato. Everything else in this recipe is low oxalate.
Make this recipe keto/low carb: Reduce the amount of mango in this recipe or omit it altogether.
Make this recipe AIP: Omit the tomato. Everything else in this recipe is AIP friendly.
Make this recipe candida diet friendly: Omit the mango. Everything else in this recipe is candida diet friendly.
Tried this recipe?
Please leave me a rating and review below, and post a picture of the dish to Instagram and tag me at @foodsnfeels 🙌
Pin this recipe for later
If you can’t make my mango salsa recipe with avocado now, make sure to pin the recipe for later so you have it handy!
Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe
- large bowl
- Cutting board
- Large knife
- 3 medium avocados (ripe)
- 2 small mangoes (ripe)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (roughly 1/4 of a small onion)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup diced cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make sure your avocados and mangoes are fresh and ripe before you make this recipe.
- Cut your avocados in half. Remove the pits and squeeze the flesh out into a large bowl. Using a fork, mash up the avocado until it is mostly smooth.
- Cut your mangoes and remove the pit. Dice up the mango and add it to the bowl.
- Dice up all the remaining ingredients: red onion, garlic cloves, cilantro, tomato and add them to the bowl.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small dish, making sure to remove the seeds before pouring into the bowl.
- Add salt and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Keep your mango avocado salsa in the fridge until ready to serve, and serve as quickly as possible after you make the dish. Avocados tend to brown quite quickly.
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. She shares her gluten free, dairy free & allergy friendly recipes.