In this post I will share my paleo lemon poppy seed muffins recipe, including a step-by-step guide on how to make them from scratch.
These healthy lemon poppy seed muffins are grain free, gluten free, dairy free and are made using a combination of cassava flour and tigernut flour. Cassava flour is a great gluten and grain free alternative to white flour, and tigernut flour is a nutrient packed high-fiber flour made out of small starchy tubers called tiger nuts.
What you will need to make this lemon poppy seed muffins recipe:
- Cassava flour
- Tigernut flour
- Poppy seeds
- Baking soda
- Dairy free milk of choice
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup or honey
- Vanilla extract
- KitchenAid stand mixer
- Grater for lemon zest & small strainer
- Muffin tins (two tins with 12 muffin cups each)
- Parchment muffin cups
How to make my paleo lemon poppy seed muffins recipe
- Set your oven to bake at 350°F
- Measure and combine dry ingredients into stand mixer bowl
- Use a small lemon juicer if you have one or squeeze the lemon juice out with your hands. Make sure to strain the seeds and lemon flesh out before adding it to the stand mixer bowl.
- Optional: if you like your muffins extra lemony, grate some lemon rinds off the outside of your lemons into the stand mixer bowl.
- Measure and add all remaining wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. For the coconut oil, I usually soften it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds which helps it mix into the batter.
- Once you’ve got all ingredients mixed together, line your muffin tins with 15 parchment paper muffin cups.
- Distribute batter evenly amongst 15 muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Test your batter with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean, or at least not wet still.
And that is it! I hope you enjoy my healthy paleo lemon poppy seed muffins recipe.
Feel free to share it on Pinterest if you want to make it later, and leave me a comment to let me know how you liked it!
You might also like:
If you like this recipe, you might also like my other cassava flour recipes:
- Cassava flour banana bread
- Healthier fried chicken
- Raspberry cassava flour muffins
- Cassava flour chocolate cupcakes
- Cassava flour brownies recipe
- Cassava flour chocolate chip cookies
Paleo lemon poppy seed muffins (gluten free, dairy free)
- Stand mixer
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 2 cups tigernut flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice Juice of 4 lemons (roughly)
- 1.5 cups dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a stand mixer or large bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Line roughly 15 muffin tins with parchment cups and fill evenly with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. She shares her gluten free, dairy free & allergy friendly recipes.