In this post I share the most delicious paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe, as well as all the benefits I’ve experienced on the paleo diet. It has been a game changer for me and for so many other people. There is also starting to be emerging evidence that it really can improve our health state in the present and the future.
How the paleo diet has benefited me
I started with paleo 8 years ago after living in a house with mould. My immune system went off the deep end and I was covered in eczema and was experiencing really bad allergy symptoms.
Later I found out that I was dealing with overgrowth of yeast, bacteria overgrowth in my small intestine, allergies and multiple food and chemical sensitivities.
I started researching how to treat these things naturally and kept coming to the paleo diet.
I decided to give it a try so I started and I noticed my health issues starting to clear up.
I was very motivated by this and decided that I wanted it to be my life and that I wanted to learn as much as possible about it so that I could improve my health and help other people do the same.
Throughout the years, other benefits I experienced were:
– I have significantly less allergies now and my eczema is much more rare
– I balanced my blood sugar (I was insulin resistant and prediabetic at the age of 20)
– I lowered my triglycerides (a blood test at 20 years old showed high triglycerides)
– I cleared up my acne pretty much completely (I had very cystic acne my whole life and still have scarring from it)
– I slowed down my hair loss significantly
– I improved my mental health (namely anxiety/depression)
– I improved my immune system (I hardly ever get sick)
– I decreased the amount of recurring yeast infections and other recurring infections I used to get
– I reduced the symptoms of gas and bloating
All this being said, my health is not perfect (whose is?!) and it’s an ongoing job to keep things in check. However, I do notice now when I go off paleo for too long of a period as my symptoms will start coming back.
Notes for this recipe:
For this paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe, use my homemade mayonnaise recipe to make the sauce for this recipe. Its easy to make and is much healthier than store bought mayo!
Paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chives
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 lb ground pork
- t tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Yai’s thai chili garlic sauce
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package konjac noodles (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp Yai’s thai chili garlic sauce
- Mix all sauce ingredients and store in fridge until ready to use
- In a large frying pan combine sesame oil and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant
- Add pork and and cook until starting to brown
- Add coleslaw, ginger, rice wine vinegar, chili sauce, animos and salt and cook until coleslaw is tender
- Fry eggs separate if desired, otherwise add at this step
- Once cooked, add chives to garnish
- Serve on top of konjac noodles (optional)
- Add sauce as desired
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. Tara helps people clear up cystic acne, balance hormones and blood sugar + improve anxiety and gut health NATURALLY with food.