If you’re looking for a treat that also packs a serious health punch, this strawberry gelatin gummies recipe is for you.
Compared to their processed refined counterpart (think gummy bears), these homemade gummies are rich in nutrients, amino acids, protein, and all the healing properties of grass fed gelatin.
Gelatin is derived from parts of animals including skin, bones and tissue. I know that sounds pretty gross, but the final product is colourless and tasteless and you won’t even know it’s there.
If it still grosses you out, just do it in the name of health! haha
Now to the good stuff! The strawberry gelatin gummies recipe.
What you’ll need for this gelatin gummies recipe
Before starting this recipe, make sure that you have a juicer as well as gelatin powder.
Strawberry gelatin gummies recipe
- Vegetable Juicer
- 6 lb fresh strawberries
- 5 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup organic golden sugar optional
- Juice all strawberries In your juicer (we got around 2 liters of strawberry juice)
- Take 1/2 cups of strawberry juice and sprinkle gelatin into juice to bloom
- Put strawberry juice in large pot and heat on the stove until comes to a boil
- Add sugar [optional] and stir until dissolved
- Add gelatin mixture and stir until mixed well
- Remove from burner
- Pour the mixture into gelatin moulds of your choice or just straight into a shallow glass dish
- Put in the fridge and let cool for a few hours
Note : keep in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for longer periods of time
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. Tara helps people clear up cystic acne, balance hormones and blood sugar + improve anxiety and gut health NATURALLY with food.