If you’re looking for a treat that also packs a serious health punch, this strawberry gelatin gummies recipe is for you.
Compared to their processed refined counterpart (think gummy bears), these homemade gummies are rich in nutrients, amino acids, protein, and all the healing properties of grass fed gelatin.
Before I tell you more, you might be wondering what gelatin even is. It is derived from parts of an animal including skin, bones and tissue. I know that sounds pretty gross, but the final product is colourless and tasteless and you won’t even know it’s there.
If it still grosses you out, just do it in the name of health! haha
Gelatin has been shown to provide the following health benefits:
- It is a great source of protein and is almost a complete protein (meaning that it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs), minus tryptophan. It is however very rich in glycine.
- Evidence shows that gelatin can help treat joint pain and stiffness, in particular osteoarthritis.
- Studies also show that gelatin can help improve your skin and hair. In particular, it has shown to increase the moisture in your skin as well as to improve hair thickness and growth.
- Mentioned earlier, gelatin is rich in glycine which is very important for brain function and mental health. It’s shown to help memory and attention, and has even been tested in some mental disorders.
- Gelatin may even help you lose weight! Studies show that people who take gelatin show an increase in the hormone that regulates hunger, and the protein in gelatin can also help make you feel full for longer.
So as you can see there are many reasons to give gelatin a try!
Now to the good stuff! The strawberry gelatin gummies recipe.
What you’ll need for this gelatin gummies recipe
Before starting this recipe, make sure that you have a juicer as well as gelatin powder.
Strawberry gelatin gummies recipe
- Vegetable Juicer
- 6 lb Fresh strawberries
- 5 tbsp Grass fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup Organic golden sugar optional
- Juice all strawberries In your juicer (we got around 2 liters of strawberry juice)
- Take 1/2 cups of strawberry juice and sprinkle gelatin into juice to bloom
- Put strawberry juice in large pot and heat on the stove until comes to a boil
- Add sugar [optional] and stir until dissolved
- Add gelatin mixture and stir until mixed well
- Remove from burner
- Pour the mixture into gelatin moulds of your choice or just straight into a shallow glass dish
- Put in the fridge and let cool for a few hours
Note : keep in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for longer periods of time
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. Tara helps people clear up cystic acne, balance hormones and blood sugar + improve anxiety and gut health NATURALLY with food.