Whether you are heading out the door to a potluck or settling in for a movie, knowing how to make homemade guacamole that will please the crowd and critics at home is a life skill you will always be grateful to have. Not unlike being able to drive, it’s an essential skill that is a lot easier than it may seem.
The best part: not only is guacamole easy to make but it’s a healthy treat you can dig into without any guilt! 😉 The thing that makes this healthy guacamole recipe so good is it’s star ingredient – turns out avocados are really good for your body in so many ways!
Now that you know all about the health benefits of avocado, you’re about to learn how to make homemade guacamole! I hope you enjoy my healthy guacamole recipe and that you feel a lot better about eating this awesome, Mexican snack. 🙌😊
This recipe also pairs well with my homemade taco seasoning recipe and paleo taco recipe.
Homemade guacamole recipe
- 3 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut your avocados in half, take out the pit and squeeze the avocado flesh into a bowl
- Mash the avocados up until they are soft and creamy (although if you like it chunky, that’s okay as well!)
- Dice up your tomato, red onion and cilantro and toss in the bowl
- Juice your lime into a bowl so that you can pick out the seeds
- Add salt
- Stir everything up and enjoy!
Tara Klippert is a Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor and holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching. Tara helps people clear up cystic acne, balance hormones and blood sugar + improve anxiety and gut health NATURALLY with food.